- Completion of a two-year induction program that includes specific Year 1 and Year 2 differentiated components aligned with California Teaching Commission Induction standards.
- Application and synthesis of knowledge and skills acquired during teacher preparation.
- Creation and implementation of an individualized Inquiry Action Plan and Individual Learning Plan.
- Participation in professional development that is aligned with the teacher’s assignment, assessment of student needs, and annual professional goal.
- Ongoing collaboration with trained Mentor Support Provider.
- Attendance at all meetings.
- Orientation/Program Kickoff (October)
- Professional Development Online Programs (1 virtual call per month)
- Colloquium (May)
- Non-evaluative observations/feedback/collective conversations with Mentor Support Provider (2 per year)
- Observation of a veteran teacher (your Mentor Support Provider or another qualified educator)
- Submission of bi-annual reflections.
- Submission of inquiry digital portfolios as evidence of teaching application.
- Presentation of inquiry findings to exit panel upon completion of Year 2.
“Through my inquiry, I have learned to not be afraid to step out of my comfort zone and implement new strategies…I have seen students’ thinking deepen as they have shifted their focus from ‘What is the answer,’ to ‘How do we get to the answer?'”
“Observations by and reflective conversations with my mentor were extremely helpful to me. Talking about my teaching with her gave me more ideas for strategies to use. Perhaps more importantly, it has helped me understand how our population might think.”